Among everything going on in the world right now, we are still giving a voice to our powerful female leaders, and empowering women throughout all industries. The fashion and beauty industries, like many others, are both home to some incredibly talented female masters of their art, and their businesses are something we should all celebrate. Supporting female businesses is a great way to support the feminist movement, and to give these amazing women a louder voice in their industries. So, if you want to find out more about female-owned business, read on.
Firstly, it’s important to talk about how we can spot these female owned businesses, and what it means to support them. It can sometimes be difficult to determine whether a business is female owned, but there is a specific formula to determining this. A Woman-Owned Business Enterprise (WBE) is a specific category used by the American government and it’s official purpose is to allow organisations to set aside programs specifically to support, encourage and empower female business owners, as it can be much more difficult for women to make a name for themselves than it is for men.
A WBE is classified by the percentage of females who operate, control and manage the business on a daily basis, and it must be at least 51% female-owned, controlled and managed to be defined as a Woman-Owned Business Enterprise. These businesses are usually certified by agencies of the city, state or a third-party agency. Once a business has been certified as a female-owned business, they receive access to exclusive opportunities to further empower their female leaders, as well as other benefits. So, if you want to find out about some female owned businesses in the fashion and beauty industries, let’s take a look.
– Akola – a smaller female-owned business, Akola translates to ‘she works’ from a native Ugandan dialect, and it’s a wonderful business specialising in luxury jewellery full of statement pieces and unique collections.
– BaubleBar – this jewellery and accessory brand are full of unique pieces that really complete your outfit. It’s a beloved brand of many celebrities and provides high-quality jewellery pieces at an affordable price point.
– Briogeo – if you’re interested in hair care, you’ve probably heard of Briogeo, as it’s a slightly newer yet well-established company in the mainstream beauty industry. They’re all for clean beauty and natural ingredients to fuel your products.
– Olive & June – for anyone who’s a nail art fan, Olive & June are a one-stop shop for all things nails, and they carry an impressive collection of polishes, tool and more.
– Rizos Curls – founded by a Latina entrepreneur, Rizos Curls is another haircare brand who are committed to producing effective, high-quality formulas for your haircare without the use of any sulphates, parabens or other nasties, which is great for your hair.
– Glossier – you’ve probably heard of the beauty brand glossier, and they’ve mastered the art of creating high-performing products which also fit the perfect aesthetic to entice everyone to purchase them.
– Glow Recipe – Another popular brand, Glow Recipe is another aesthetically-pleasing beauty brand who are very popular within the skincare area and they deliver formulas using interesting ingredients to superpower your skin.
– Beauty Bakerie – if you’re looking for makeup that performs incredibly, Beauty Bakerie is for you, with professional formulas packaged in fun containers, and they’ve got everything you need to start your makeup kit.
And off course Finestvibes Make shopping easier. Our dedicated fashion team went ahead and performed some extensive research into the most popularwomen’s fashion online and in-store. Based on our findings, we have incorporated these preferred brands into our list of apparel you can easily find and shop online with us.